About the products
Where can I view the products?
All our products are sold from this website. We don’t have a bricks and mortar showroom so we sell our products through our website by using great photos and video so that you get a good feel for what you are buying before you checkout.
We also post on Insta regularly so please search @lbodeluxury on Instagram and give us a follow.
What is corten steel I’ve never heard of it?
Ok let’s get the techy bit answered first. The COR bit in the name stands for corrosion resistance and the TEN bit stands for tensile strength. The material was designed to be a weatherproof steel and its careful mix of iron, copper, silicon, nickel and chromium give this great metal its qualities.
The bit we like at L’bode Luxury is quite simply its colour, that rich brown-orange colour that just gets better and better over time.
The best bit, that solid layer of rust that develops over time creates a coating that protects the core metal from further corrosion allowing you to enjoy that natural patina that develops over time. The protective layer of weathering keeps on developing and regenerates continuously when exposed to the elements.
I’ve got limestone paving is corten steel suitable?
You have got to be careful with Corten, we know it looks cool and you really want that natural deep brown / orange look but for all the qualities of Corten there is a downside. When you receive a corten product from L’bode Luxury it will be weathered but it will not have reached its full potential of deep colour, when this process is taking place the material can leach rust water onto your limestone paving or tiles. In most circumstances this can be managed, and it can be cleaned away, but we must make you aware that this happens, and it is a natural process. Over time this leaching will start to happen less and less, and you will just enjoy the product. So, please bear in mind that as great as Corten is there could be some maintenance along the way and if this isn’t for you simply opt for the great looking painted versions of our product.
Shipping & payment
What is the lead-time for delivery?
L’bode aim to hold stock at its factory in Manchester, England which means that delivery is usually achieved within 5 working days. Some products such as planters are made to order so these take a little longer to make and we will deliver in 10 working days.
Do you deliver and put it where we want in the garden?
No, we do not offer a positioning service the delivery is a kerbside delivery which means that items will be delivered to the nearest kerbside at the address specified. The pallet delivery will be made on an 18-tonne heavy goods vehicle with a tail lift which is similar in size to a council refuse collection lorry.
The pallet will be unloaded safely from the truck to the ground using the tail-lift by the driver. We will make sure that the goods are left in a safe and stable spot on the kerbside. However, we will not be able to assist you to transport items from the kerbside spot to any building, place of final siting. It is a really good idea to have another person to help you receive your delivery as all of our products are heavy.
Is there a charge for delivery?
All our fireplaces, firepits and log storage products are offered with free Mainland UK delivery. Free Mainland UK does not include Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Northern Ireland, Southern Ireland, Scottish Isles and following postcodes.
- FK 19-21
- IV4, 6-7, 11-40, 52-57, 57+
- IV 41-51, 55-56
For a small supplmentary fee we can arrange delivery to these postcodes. Please contact us first before placing an order if you live in these areas.
What happens if the goods have been damaged in the delivery process?
When your goods arrive, they will in most circumstances arrive on a pallet delivery, so please check the packaging for obvious signs of damage. If there is damage to the pallet / packaging, it is a good idea to photograph the packaging, if possible.
If the delivery of the product looks extensively damaged which would be unusual, please just refuse the delivery and report to us. One of the quickest ways of reporting the problem is by using our live chat. We can then arrange complete replacement of your order.
What payment methods to you accept?
We accept all major cards. along with Paypal.
Creating a fire
How do I light a fire?
Correct fuelling is vital. Burn un-treated seasoned logs. Less than 20% moisture is best. A good quality fuel, and correct fire-starting procedure will lead to little or no smoke at all.
Treated/painted/scrap/chipboard are all unsuitable. And just like wet timber, will create smoke, could soot up the glass and give a cooler burn. Resulting in a low temperature given out by the burner. We would always recommend speaking to an expert supplier of quality logs.
For more detailed information, see our helpful guide on starting a fire.
Care & maintenance
Is there a warranty?
Yes, L’Bode warranties its products to be free from defect except for those variations in colour, shade and grain which occur naturally in some of our products especially those made out of corten steel.
Do I need to maintain a L’Bode fireplace?
Clean the combustion chamber after each burn. Use a dustpan and brush, or workshop vacuum. Wait until the ashes are cold.
Never start a fire on top of an old burn. As this will cause ‘sooting’ of the glass. It can also lead to a lot of debris being pulled up the chimney.
The cleaning of the chimney is vital, as a sooted-up chimney can cause a fire. We recommend this is done at least once per year. Remove the flue securing bolts to enable the flue to be cleaned whilst off the unit.
If the glass becomes dirty/sooted due to poor quality timber, or from closing the fire down too quickly, when the glass has cooled, wipe it down with a paper-towel – or dry cloth. All window panels, and the door are easily removable. Each window panel is secured by 4x M6 bolts that are accessed from the inside of the combustion chamber. Please support them from the outside before removing the panels. Glass is replaceable. Please contact us for replacement.
As the glass is specially designed for this product. Use of regular glass could cause an accident. The door can be lifted off its hinges, after 1x M6 retaining bolt is removed.
You can read more on our Care & Maintenance page
Returns & refunds
Please contact us immediately should you refuse a delivery or wish to return an item.
- If for any reason goods are returned to us due to failed delivery the carriage cost is non refundable. Furthermore, we reserve the right to charge for any additional carriage involved.
- Products MUST be inspected upon delivery and refused if any damage is found. You must inform us immediately. No claims for visible damage will be accepted after item has been signed for.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have signed for the correct number of goods delivered.
- Any visible damage should be identified to the delivery personnel and noted on their delivery note at the time of refusal.
- Under no circumstances should you fit or use a product that is incorrect or different to that which was ordered. Failure to comply with this instruction will deem that you have accepted the goods and that you we will be unable to return for replacement due to the goods being incorrect or different to that which was ordered. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Any item returned must be unused, in its original packaging and complete with any accessories unless the item has failed in service.
- If you cancel an order after the goods have been delivered, you will be charged the ACTUAL COST of collecting the item, unless you decide to return the item via your own preferred courier. This is because we may subsidise our delivery cost when we initially deliver the item to you, the actual cost of collection may be more than you paid for the initial delivery. Please contact us to find out what this charge will be. This charge will be deducted from any refund that is due to you or otherwise invoiced separately to you.
- When we receive the returned goods, we will inspect them to ensure all accessories and other components are within the returned package and that you have taken reasonable care of the goods. If we receive an item that you have not taken reasonable care of, we shall charge you a fee equivalent to the reduction in the item’s value. If the item has missing components, we shall charge you a further fee to cover the cost of these items. These costs will be deducted from any refund that is due to you.
- All requests for refunds must be made in writing. Requests can be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the address at the bottom of the page.
- All refunds due for whatever reason will be made within 30 days of collection of the item.
- Any deductions applicable, such as delivery & collection charges, will be deducted from the refund due.
- Special orders and customised products made to your personal requirements cannot be returned.
- Please note that we do not ship to PO Box or Overseas addresses.
- Click here for full terms and conditions of sale.
WHAT IS CLEARPAY?
Clearpay is a payment service that lends customers a fixed amount of credit to make purchases instantly and then pay for them in 4 automatic instalments, made every 2 weeks, without any interest (late fees apply). The service is provided by Clearpay Finance Ltd.
HOW DO I USE CLEARPAY?
Just shop on LBode and check out as normal. At checkout, choose the Clearpay payment method. You will be directed to the Clearpay website to register and provide payment details (Visa, Mastercard or Amex).
If you’ve used Clearpay before, just log in to your Clearpay account.
Then complete your order!
WHERE CAN I USE CLEARPAY?
Take a look at the Clearpay Shop Directory to check out our amazing partners where you can use Clearpay.
WHO CAN USE CLEARPAY?
Clearpay is only available to permanent UK residents aged 18+ (excluding Channel Islands) with a UK billing address.
Customers with international billing addresses will not be able to use Clearpay or create a Clearpay account.
Other eligibility criteria apply. See Clearpay Terms of Service for further details.
HOW DOES THE CLEARPAY PAYMENT SCHEDULE WORK?
Clearpay will split the total value of your order into 4 instalments payable every fortnight. The exact amounts and dates will be displayed for you to agree to before you confirm your purchase.
If you would like to make additional unscheduled payments before they are due, you may log into your Clearpay account to make your payments early. Clearpay will then adjust the amount owed accordingly.
You can log in to your Clearpay account anytime to view your payment schedule or make a payment before the next due date.
WHAT IF I CAN’T PAY A CLEARPAY INSTALMENT?
If you cannot make a payment, please contact Clearpay here.
As soon as you miss a payment, Clearpay will immediately stop you from making any further purchases with Clearpay.
Clearpay will give you until 11pm on the following day to make your repayment and then you will incur a late fee if you are still not able to make the payment by then. This will be an initial £6 and a further fee of £6 if the missed payment is not made within 7 days. If your order is less than £24, the total late fee will be £6. If your order is £24 or over, total late fees will not exceed 25% of the total order or £24, whichever is less.
Clearpay debt may be passed to a debt collection agency and this may affect your ability to use Clearpay in future. We encourage you to use Clearpay responsibly. Please see Clearpay Terms of Service for further details.
WHEN WILL MY ITEMS BE DELIVERED IF I USE CLEARPAY?
Clearpay orders are delivered within our standard delivery timeframes like any order from LBode.
IS THERE A LIMIT TO HOW MUCH I CAN SPEND ON A SINGLE CLEARPAY TRANSACTION?
Yes, your order value including shipping must be between £150 and £1000 to use Clearpay. Your maximum order value may be lower depending on factors such as being a new customer or your payment history.
CAN I USE ANOTHER FORM OF PAYMENT WITH CLEARPAY?
Yes, you may also use a gift card or promotional code with Clearpay to pay for your purchase.
HOW DO I RETURN OR EXCHANGE AN ITEM PURCHASED WITH CLEARPAY?
Items purchased with Clearpay follow our standard return process.
Please note, refunds for Clearpay purchases will be refunded from LBode to Clearpay. We cannot provide an exchange or cash refund.
When the refund is processed, any upcoming payments you have to Clearpay will be cancelled and any payments you have already made will be refunded back to the card you paid with. Please note that until the merchant has confirmed receipt of any return goods, you will be liable to continue to make your payments to Clearpay.
You can view the details by logging in to your Clearpay account.